i cannot believe my baby is two. two!
when it came time to plan a little get together party for pailyn & her closest friends, i was thinking along the lines of tutus and ties. pailyn, however had been on a major monster-loving kick for months-watching monster’s inc. and roaring at us all to make us act scared or laugh. she reminds me of monster, inc.’s little ‘boo’ in so many ways…i explored the idea of a monster party. i didn’t want just a monster party though; we needed a girly monster bash! with the help of a pink, melon orange, and aqua color scheme and the fabulous heather of chickabug‘s willingness to customize a girly monster bash invite along with fun party printables–the girly monster bash birthday party was born!
and if you can’t tell, my little beast was in birthday party heaven!
it was quite the challenge playing party planner, chef (i use the term loosely-although the ‘monster melt sammies’ were freakin’ awesome if i do say so myself!), hostess, momma, and photographer–i certainly didn’t get to carry out all the plans i had for the big day, but man was it fun! i vowed not to go overboard so i could enjoy pailyn’s day & i succeeded on that front. so, as far as i’m concerned the monster bash was a roaring success.
because we kept pay’s first birthday simple, (she had king cake at nana’s) i had a “smash” cake made just for her for this party.
- she blew out both candles all by herself
- showed us she is unfazed by a little flame hitting her fingers
- didn’t cry a tear while we all sang along to bennett’s (who did cry the first 3 years of his life when happy birthday was sang to him) playing of the happy birthday song on his keyboard.
- dove right in using a candle as a utensil
- sang the happy birthday song to herself for over a week every time she was in her highchair in hopes of getting more cake
- oh, and she did not succeed in licking all the icing off her face, lol
some of pailyn’s fabulous little friends who made her day super special!
these monster mouths were super fun! pailyn didn’t cooperate, but amelia & aiden sure did! since the party-pailyn has walked around the house lots with her monster mouth, naturally.
some little detail shots
love, love, love my sweet (most of the time) two year old!
- chickabug: invite design, printables, custom water bottle labels- heather, you totally created exactly what i wanted & were beyond awesome to work with!
- my dear friend angela: creator of adorable monster marshmallow pops and party planner extraordinaire herself- thanks for all you help & for letting me shop your party supply store
- with love: custom monster hat for portrait featured on the back of the invite- thanks kimberly!!
- zozobug baby: custom “2” birthday shirt- we just love julie and her fun designs!
- kati’s kupcakes: custom cupcake toppers and smash cake topper- seriously, how cute were these! and i was amazed at how yummo they were too! thanks kati
- mini-eco: great tutorial for the sewn paper garland. it was super easy! i used cardstock from my stash and whipped up a super long garland in about an hour one night. (now if only i could sew fabric!)
- the party favors contained these little stuffed monsters (although i purchased them on amazon, but i think i bought the last two dozen available, sorry!)
- i created the monster mouths on a stick using this cute clip art.
- thanks to my heather for that fun, roaring pic of my & my birthday girl.
and just in case you haven’t seen enough. here is the video